Skip to content
Why Learn to Teach Computer Science?
- 58% of all new STEM jobs are ACTUALLY computing jobs — there are 500,000 current openings!
- 54% of students enjoy computer science!
- Solving the diversity problem in tech begins with equity-oriented K-12 computing courses
- Computing is foundational in today’s data-driven society — for any career path!
Why Choose This CS Education Certificate Program?
- Start any time: No waiting for the next term or year.
- Self-Paced: Don’t give up family, personal or work commitments. Work when you have time, stop when you are busy, and pick up right where you left off later.
- Apply immediately in your classroom: Don’t take courses designed for tech field workers! Learn in courses designed to meet teachers’ needs and take course experiences directly into your classroom.
- Succeed even without prior experience: Engage with constructivist learning experiences, not lecture. Learn with techniques you can use with your students. Re-engage until you are happy with your learning.
- AP CS Principles: Prepare to support students in the AP CS Principles Explore and Create Tasks.
- Pay Less: Pay $2,640 compared to online or in-person programs offered on a fixed schedule ($3,000-$8,000).